?and what equation you need to use for deflection

keewan

عضو جديد
إنضم
4 أبريل 2015
المشاركات
مجموع الإعجابات
النقاط
Let us assume that we get analysis results from Etabs(Moment results),and for some reason I don't want to get deflection values from etabs, instead I would like to calculate Ie manually and calculate deflection manually ,and we all know for any deflection equation we need the value of load applied, so my question is like the following

----what is the value of load on the beam(can I use moment value to get load value or is there any other method(Note load on slab is clear ,as we assign it ,but load on beam will be distributed by Program Etabs)

-----the second question, when calculating deflection values and compare with American code, why we don’t take into consideration snow load and earthquake load

التعديل الأخير:

انس مصطفى

عضو معروف
إنضم
21 أغسطس 2013
المشاركات
مجموع الإعجابات
النقاط
You can distribute the load you assigned to the slabs to beams manually by dividing two-way slabs into triangles with 45 degrees, or one-way slabs into rectangles as in the attached pic.

we don't include seismic, wind and snow loads in the calculation on "vertical" or "gravity" deflection because they are "Instantaneous" loads .

المرفقات

• 6040-13-5IP13.png
    6040-13-5IP13.png
    15.8 KB · المشاهدات: 7
أعلى